Healthy Halloween Tips and Costume Ideas from Ella’s Kitchen®!
The countdown to Halloween has begun! Moms + dads, after the pumpkins have been carved and spider webs have been hung, be sure to read through these trick-or-treat Halloween safety tips for your little one from Ella’s Kitchen®! Looking for a fun, all-age appropriate nutritious treat to give to trick-or-treaters? Try our smoothie fruits or nibbly fingers!
Looking for a fun Ella’s Kitchen® inspired costume idea? Scroll down below!
Have a happy + safe Halloween with these 9 tips!
- Let little ones draw a face on pumpkins with non-toxic washable markers, but leave the actual pumpkin carving to mom + dad
- Use a flashlight or glow stick instead of a candle to make your pumpkin shine
- Make sure little shoes fit well and costumes aren’t too long to help prevent little ones from tripping on them
- Add some reflective tape to costume and/or trick-or-treat bags so others can see you and your little one and always carry a couple flashlights!
- Avoid masks, they make it hard for little ones to see and breathe!
- Plan out your trick-or-treat route in advance to avoid long paths or dark scary areas
- While trick-or-treating, pack some Ella’s Kitchen® smoothie pouches or snacks for your little one who may get hungry on the route. Keep candy as a special treat!
- Check your little one’s trick-or-treat bag at the end of the night for any unwrapped or odd looking treats before giving it to them.