Hanukkah Games + Fun!
We love eating latkes for Hanukkah! Not only are they deeelicious dipped in our Apples apples apples, they’re a fun finger food for little hands to enjoy! Are you making some this holiday?
Easy Peasy Potato Latkes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
- 2-3 tablespoons Spectrum® Olive Oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped or a couple of scallions
- 4 russet potatoes, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet and sauté onion over low heat for 3-4 minutes, until soft
- Put the shredded potatoes in a bowl. Add the cooked onion, eggs, season with black pepper, and mix well
- Put another 1 tablespoon of the oil in the skillet and warm over medium heat
- Cook spoonful of mixture for about 6-8 minutes, turning once using a spatula, until lightly browned on both sides. (You may need to cook the mixture in batches – using some more oil, if necessary – depending upon the size of your pan
- Serve immediately with Ella’s Kitchen® Apples apples apples or any applesauce you have!
Hanukkah Handprint Menorah
Finger painting is a great sensorial activity for little ones! This year, celebrate the Festival of Lights with your very own handprint menorah.
Here’s what you need!
- 1 large sheet of light colored construction paper
- Dark-colored non-toxic finger paint
- Yellow non-toxic finger paint
- 2 paper plates
Cover your painting station with newspaper and pour the paint onto the separate plates side by side
Lay out the large sheet of light colored construction paper on the newspaper
Have you little one dip their hands in the dark paint and press them onto the paper. Their thumbs should overlap with each other to make the center candle
Wash hands, and dip little thumbs into the yellow paint. Dab a tiny “flame” at the top of each candle
Let it dry and hang it up!