(we encourage you to use organic ingredients where possible)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cube of softened butter
1 pouch of Ella’s Kitchen Smoothie Fruits – the Red One
2 teaspoons of honey
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, dates, apples, bananas,
cherries, strawberries, mangoes, raisins, anything you like!)
* please use organic ingredients where possible
These festive cookies are great to eat and decorate with!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Measure out the flour, baking powder and rolled oats and put them into a mixing bowl
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter together with a pouch of the Red One, the honey and vanilla until nice and creamy
4. Beat in the flour, baking powder and oat mixture and fold in the dried fruit
5. Roll a tablespoon of cookie mixture into balls with your hands. Then place them on your prepared baking sheet and squish the balls flat. You could use more batter and use cookie cutters, or a sharp knife, to make them into holly, star or other festive shapes
6. Cook for about 15 min. When they are a pale gold color but still soft and squidgy, they are done. Leave on sheet for about 5 minutes so the cookies can harden a bit. Lift them off with a spatula to cool fully on a wire rack.
*To make the cookies into tree decorations, try cutting a wooden skewer stick into a few small pieces and poke one into each cookie near the top to make the hole for a ribbon to go through. Keep the skewers in the cookies while they bake in the oven. After the cookies cool, insert a ribbon and hang on your tree!